Friday, August 28, 2009

Coaster Progress



Well, it's been two weeks since I last posted a blog and it was all about my coasters. I've finally got myself into a rhythm and I'm REALLY happy with how they are coming out. They take 24 hours to dry, but it is best to let them sit for a week before stacking them. I've included a couple pictures of my first designs which can also be found on my etsy site. They are high maintenance (a big change from cardmaking) in that they like warm, non-humid weather to cure perfectly. This is definitely something we don't have here in Oregon, so I've created what I'm calling the "hot room" aka the laundry room where I've turned on a space heater to try and help my coasters cure. So far so good.

I think these coasters look more impressive in person so I'm not sure how well they will sell online, but I'm hoping they do well at the craft shows. Of course I have a constant pit in my stomach that I better get started on my Christmas card inventory! So much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment